Thursday, January 29, 2009

Good bye to Angeline

I just returned from another powerful experience! I am not sure how many more I can tell you about! You know the "DeYoung Syndrome "of mucho tears! We are going on a safari this weekend which should be fun to tell you about! Mimi, be sure and pray for Nana as I will see lions this weekend!

Because I will be gone this weekend I said good bye to Angeline and the babies I have been helping to feed since I got here. I think she is going home tomorrow, at least she is bound and determined to go home. She is sick of the hospital diet of rice and beans! She feels that the babies will gain more weight if she can have meat in her diet at home and if the babies can sleep in her bed with her and her husband. We will see if the nurse and doctor agree with her tomorrow.

I asked her to write the names of all of the members of her family.....husband and seven children. She did, both their Christian names and their Kenyan names. Then I wrote the names of all my children, and my grandchildren. We promised to pray for each others' families. At that point we both got tears in our eyes. That was significant because Kipsigis do not show much emotion. You have to understand that this was with a language barrier as well. I will never forget it nor will I forget those babies though I probably will never see them again in this life.
They will live in my heart.

This weekend should be fun....you will hear about it on Monday. Have a great weekend.

love you and loved hearing eliza's and anna's voices yesterday.
mom
micki

No comments:

Post a Comment