Monday, January 19, 2009

Work week begins

Marv reported for work early this morning and is on call tonight. He was busy in clinics and in the operating "theatre". I spent the morning getting oriented, exchanging money (although I don't understand the exchange as yet), ordering a cell phone, and rocking a darling baby boy in the nursery. Kids you may get a call one of these days via satellite!

This afternoon I helped put together some booklets for protocols for the hospital. Nothing spectacular, but I think it was helpful. Tomorrow I have to start preparing our meals which should be interesting based on what is available in the food pantry here. No rest for the wicked....and here I thought I wouldn't have to cook!

This is a busy little community.....there are several schools around here and I see the children going to school about 6:30AM and returning around 6 PM. They also go on Saturday! Amazing!People are walking everywhere at all times of the day and night. The terrain is steep in places and their loads are often heavy. There are not many "chubby" people. A donkey just went by with a load of 2 heavy sacks....he was not happy! Each day feels a little more like home

love to all

micki and marv

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Mom! I am impressed. Little things matter so way to go. That is also great that you were helping out with the Bible quiz. Way to jump in there!

    Last night Eliza prayed for Nana and Poppi in Kenya! Know that we are praying, missing and thinking of you!

    Love,

    John & Anna

    ReplyDelete